Sustainability Cultural Organizers
Cultural organizing is the strategic use of art and culture to organize for liberation.
Student Life Sustainability Cultural Organizers leverage the power of the arts to envision a more sustainable world. They work to connect members of the arts and sustainability communities at U-M to imagine a resilient community, outside extractive systems. Through events, installations, and storytelling, they create moments of joy, self-reflection, and community building.
The Sustainability Cultural Organizer program was inspired by the work of the Center for Cultural Power.
Interested in collaboration or employment as a Sustainability Cultural Organizer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Managing textile production & application process for Sustainability Honors Cord Program
- Creative community engagement for existing sustainability events (Earthfest, HarvestFest, Student Sustainability Leaders Summit, and Rooting for Change: Student Food Summit)
- Producing a social justice cooking show to air on Instagram in early 2023
- Hosting off-campus film screenings
- Launching and editing The Underground zine, featuring student art submissions compiled in a print-only informal magazine
- Hosting a monthly sustainability book club for students and staff
- Incorporating sustainability education into arts events and communications across campus.
- Sponsoring compost bin in the School of Music, Theater, and Dance
- Collaborating with the Planet Blue Ambassador program to incorporate arts and culture in online trainings and workshops